Air Traffic Services
Health Advice issued by the Government of Vanuatu and its partners for Travellers to the 10th Pacific Mini Games (VAN2017) to be staged in Vanuatu from the 04th to 15th December 2017. The event will also be a Tobacco Free Pacific Mini Games.
The Air Traffic services (ATS)ensure AVL obligation to Civil Aviation Rule Part 172 and ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices are in compliance at all times ATS has five main objectives and they are
- prevent collisions between aircraft;
- prevent collisions between aircraft on the manoeuvring area and obstructions on that area;
- expedite and maintain an orderly flow of air traffic;
- provide advice and information useful for the safe and efficient conduct of flights; and
- notify appropriate organisations regarding aircraft in need of search and rescue aid, and assist such organisations as required.
AVL ATS has two units that cover all its operations and they are Air Traffic Control in Bauerfield and Flight Information Service in Bauerfield and Pekoa Airport.